25 March 2010

March 25, 2010 - Threats, Violence, and Voters

Threats? Violence? Broken windows, phone calls ... so NOW they're listening?

The sheer arrogance of the Congress-critters is astounding. They've ignored their constituents, ignored the calls and letters, ignored e-mails, massive protests, and personal visits. Most recently, they've locked their doors and refused to even meet with the very folks who pay their salaries & whose votes they might need.

Do I condone the brick-throwing? No. Do I understand the frustration? Yes, I do.

The progressives have exposed their motives, and have only themselves to blame for the voters' frustration. Should it involve broken windows? No, I don't think the situation has devolved to that level. Do I think it might come down to that?

It's possible, although I pray that it won't.

This country was founded by Christians, for the most part, and those folks - who were, I believe, gifted by God with supernatural intelligence and understanding - dedicated this federation of united States to Him. I don't believe He will allow the nation to go that way again.

There may be civil unrest, although it would be ugly. But I pray to God that this country will not again suffer the horror of brother-against-brother warfare. Better the disaffected States should be allowed to leave, if necessary to avoid war.

There may be a time for war, folks, but we ain't there yet. Please - please - do ALL you can to effect change before we even think about armed rebellion. And federal-type folks? Don't be too gung-ho about drawing down on your masters (and I do mean all those taxpayers out there). NOTHING good will come of either side pulling a trigger, I assure you. You do remember that part about being a civil servant, don't you?

And isn't it sad that we have to talk about sides? We may be farther down that road than we want to acknowledge, but let's think it through. One more time.

6 comments:

DR said...

Great post! Never lose hope. And pray.

Jenny said...

The question is not, I believe whether this "Conflict of Visions" devolves into violence... only a question of when. From the Jacobins to the Bolsheviks, it always has before, and so long as human nature remains the same (something I no longer take for granted).... it always will.

Forced to lay a wager, I'd say the spark will hit the powder when the well runs dry and the checks stop arriving in the mail... which means inside a generation.

.... but then, these things never happen on anyone's time table, and this nation has been perpetually two years of bad decisions away from a civil war since its founding.


The future is not the past.... but parts sure are familiar lookin'.

threecollie said...

I was astounded by the size of the tea party protest in DC...the pics I saw on the Net didn't begin to do it justice, but I just happened to walk past the TV last night and saw the size of the crowd. There were a lot of people there...how can that be ignored?

joated said...

When it comes to these reports on violence we all need to be from Missouri. The media won't do its job to verify before they report.

Glenn Reyonalds of Instapundit posted on a Seattle Times story about a rock through through the window of Cincinnati Rep. Driehaus (D) ( http://pajamasmedia.com/instapundit/96429/ ) but there's a slight problem...
"Justin Binik-Thomas emails from Cincinnati that Rep. Driehaus’ office “is on the 30th floor of a skyscraper downtown.” He also says that he spoke to Driehaus’ office today and they said this never happened. Which is too bad, in a way, as the Reds could use a guy with an arm like that . . . ."

So I think the way to go vis-a-vis the media is don't trust and verify.

Teresa said...

There are always rocks being thrown from one side or the other. Nothing new there.

It's interesting how the media chooses to cover some incidents and ignore others and make up even more just to sway the narrative their way. Reminds me of the 60's... of course that's why I hate looking back on the 60's. Heh.

Cappy said...

Violence is bad. There. I said it. Now having said it, I shall add the velocity to it. And that velocity is at the level the liberals had to condemn death threats against George W. Bush.