06 May 2013

It Was a Spendy Weekend

Just a bit on this, as time is short this a.m.:  several of the Anchorage car dealers had a joint sale yesterday, and we came away with two vehicles.

After much deliberation, I finally replaced the late, lamented Expedition with a Ford Escape, and Younger Daughter bought herself a nice used sedan with lots of bells & whistles.

Not sure which of us is happier ... okay, that's not true: SHE is. But now my wife wants to replace her car, too.

This could get expensive. :^)

6 comments:

Matt said...

I say that if the situation allows go for it regarding the wife's car if y'all think its needed.

You never know when the economy may just totally sink (ie a sudden long term bank holiday.... ie Cyprus) and then you may not be able to replace her car.

Anonymous said...

YIKES! But Congrats!

I'm preparing for an oil change, followed by the State-mandated emissions test-registration for my 2000 Olds Intrigue.

Kinda long in the tooth - both of us!

gfa

Rev. Paul said...

Matt, my thoughts exactly. If I had to go out on a limb, I'd predict a collapse in 2014. YMMV, of course.

gfa, no worries here. We were prepared to pay more, so these were cash purchases. We don't do credit, period: if we can't afford something, we do without. We've been on an all-cash economy since the late '90s.

Anonymous said...

They had a JOINT sale and all you came home with was a car?

...rimshot...

Rev. Paul said...

SNBI, that's funny - and appropriate. :^)

Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week. Be sure to tip your waitresses.
I can't believe I was the first one to stumble on to that set up.