15 January 2014

Busy Day

All office furniture has been pushed toward the center of the room since yesterday, as painters will be doing their thing today. Meanwhile, I try to keep working at my desk.

Then I need to rearrange the entire layout. Re-routing the wiring harness for the control center at which I work, plus moving a data cable that's above the ceiling, to create new drop point. Moving file cabinets & bookshelves to the opposite sides of the room, and so forth.

Meanwhile, they're predicting that this morning's impending snow will turn to freezing rain at mid-afternoon, just in time for the afternoon drive. Icy roads predicted for tonight & tomorrow, with warmer temps moving in & changing to possibly heavy rains by Friday. Ice jams in the drains & curb cuts are expected to flood streets, intersections, and parking lots.

Later.

12 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

E-mailed comment from Armed Laughing, who continues to experience software/Blogger issues:

Your first line scared me. (After the earlier post re: Alaskan earthquakes)
Thank God I read further!

gfa

Regardless, hope you and yours are safe and warm!

Rev. Paul said...

A little weird to reply to myself (heh), but I understand, Guffaw. Perhaps I could have chosen a better way to phrase it. :)

Stephen said...

You have some great weather...always boring here. I too have blogger problems. My navbar has disappeared. Oh well...

Rev. Paul said...

Stephen, I'd rather it were -20 with blizzard warnings for the weekend, but we take what we get, don't we?

The nav bar can be restored in the settings menu ... usually. That's not to say that Blogger doesn't have bigger issues.

ProudHillbilly said...

Sounds like fun. I'd rather have snow.

Rev. Paul said...

Most of us Alaskans would. The few who complain about the snow are Left Coast transplants, and shouldn't be here. We keep encouraging them to move elsewhere.

Teresa said...

Hope you brought your ice skates to help you get home! :D

Redecorating the office... Now there's something that'll make ya tear your hair out. LOL. Have fun.

Rev. Paul said...

Ice skates aren't a bad idea, Teresa. Re the office, it's more like rearranging. The painter has offered to help me move cabinets, so maybe it won't be too bad. :)

Keads said...

Uuuugh. Good luck!

Rev. Paul said...

Thanks, my friend. The painter just arrived ... 90 minutes late.

Sandy Livesay said...

Rev. Paul,

Did you bring chains for your vehicle just in case it gets real icy this afternoon?
Be safe and stay warm.

Rev. Paul said...

We don't use chains here, Sandy, for the most part. 99% of the drivers here used studded tires. Icy roads are just part of life, and with 7 months of winter in an average year, there are a lot of chances to learn how to handle it.