12 September 2014

Pictures From the Road











These are presented in no particular order; most are from Denali State Park and Denali National Park.

It's a six and a half hour drive from Anchorage to Fairbanks. That's nothing on an interstate ... but trust me on this, the highway across interior Alaska is NOTHING like an interstate.

Think mostly two-lane blacktop, in varying stages of poor-to-fair maintenance, then a newish length, then REALLY bad asphalt with frost heaves the size of foothills. If you're driving a little too fast, your car can get airborne.

Let me know in comments if y'all like these; I've got more. :)

7 comments:

OldAFSarge said...

More please!

Alaska is such an impressive state.

Vicki said...

Yes, more please. It is like I get to go along for the ride.

Old NFO said...

Nice, and yes +MOAR! I grew up driving on 'highways' that looked a lot like that (but flatter)... ;-)

PioneerPreppy said...

I need to start taking a camera with me ont he road. Trouble is I often leave things behind after I deliver a car and I am just afraid it will be my camera :)

Two lane roads are a pain when you get behind some slow poke.

juvat said...

I, also, enjoy the pictures. Alaska is a beautiful state.

Rev. Paul said...

Thank you all for responding. More pix on the way. :)

Sandy Livesay said...

Rev. Paul,

I love these pictures, and look forward to seeing more!!! Be careful when driving and taking pictures. Have Fun!!