04 September 2015

Friday Stuff


It's been a long week and I've nothing prepared. How 'bout a check of the headlines?

A year after an accident left Iditarod musher Karin Hendrickson on the sidelines, the four-time finisher hopes to return to the race in 2016.

The motorcades have vanished and the name Denali gets to stay, but what else? What really comes of Alaska’s big presidential visit?

My guess?  Nothing.

Man crashes into Muldoon post office twice leaving hole in wall

Picture from KTUU.com, courtesy of Jessie Rice
ANCHORAGE - A 70-year-old man smashed (twice) into the side of the Muldoon post office Tuesday evening, punching a gaping hole in the wall, Anchorage Police spokeswoman Jennifer Castro wrote in an email to Channel 2 News.

In other news, police note an increase in vehicle thefts this year, but only in certain parts of town. (Anyone who knows Anchorage won't dispute that there are bad neighborhoods. Just like anyplace else.)

* * * * *

On a personal note, I spent a delightful Wednesday evening with Bulldog Man (not his real name ... heh), husband of blogger Sandy at Oklahoma Transient, on the sidebar. They're good folks, and he was up here a few days for his job.

Now I need to turn my attention to work, too. Thanks for stopping by, friends. Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Sandy Livesay said...

Rev. Paul,

I wonder if the elderly man was looking for a new type of post office?

My husband enjoyed meeting you Wednesday night too, I just wish I was able to travel with him on this trip to meet you and your wife.....Maybe next time??