25 May 2016

Over the Hump

I probably should have stayed home yesterday, but I so rarely take a day off that I forgot about it until lunchtime. Didn't feel good at all, though, and doubt I was much good to anyone.

But while I'm still a bit under the weather today, so to speak, things are much improved. At least I can keep my eyes open. I've lost my voice from coughing so much; some folks probably think that's an improvement. :)


I selected a mobile mechanic, based on some on-line reviews, and got my truck's cooling system repaired last night. The guy was professional, knowledgeable, and quick. All things considered, while it turned out to be something I could have done myself, I didn't know that at the time. It would have cost me considerably more time to get things taken care of, and much cheaper than calling a tow truck.

But experience is a great teacher, and it's not the first time I've dealt with wonky cooling systems. I brought along a gallon of 50/50 antifreeze mix this morning, and after watching the temp gauge go up and down a bit on the drive to work, topped off the overflow reservoir again when I got here. That should be the end of the troubles (he said, hopefully).

So I have a bunch of elevator techs scheduled to appear today, to make some city-mandated repairs to those things. I'd prefer Star Trek-style turbo lifts, but apparently they haven't been invented yet.

Darned inconvenient, that.

6 comments:

Old NFO said...

Hope it DOES fix the issues... And those lifts would be nice... sigh

Rev. Paul said...

You said it, NFO. We'll have truly arrived in the bright future when elevators can move horizontally. On purpose, that is. :)

Home on the Range said...

I'm glad you are doing better. It's tough when things don't work as they used to. I still have days I have to use a cane post knee injury. Since the issue was tendons and ligaments, "knee replacement" won't fix it and I get really tired of people telling I just need to get a knee replacement. The knee if fine, I just had 75% of it's support system removed surgically due to an accident.

Rev. Paul said...

I didn't realize the corrective surgery was so invasive, my friend. THAT'S inconvenient, and painful and ...

Guffaw in AZ said...

The guys behind the walls to operate the doors probably cost money on the turbo lift, as well!
Good to hear things are improving...

gfa

Rev. Paul said...

Yep. Too much footage of the cast running into doors that should have opened "automatically", to think otherwise. :)