17 August 2017

God's Word for Thursday, 8/17/17

We’re not barging in on the rightful work of others, interfering with their ministries, demanding a place in the sun with them. What we’re hoping for is that as your lives grow in faith, you’ll play a part within our expanding work. And we’ll all still be within the limits God sets as we proclaim the Message in countries beyond Corinth. But we have no intention of moving in on what others have done and taking credit for it. “If you want to claim credit, claim it for God.” What you say about yourself means nothing in God’s work. It’s what God says about you that makes the difference.
2 Corinthians 10:17-18 MSG

6 comments:

LindaG said...

Not sure I understand this exactly; but I think it is a good passage.

Thank you, Reverend.

Rev. Paul said...

The Apostle Paul was saying that those who labor in ministry of any kind must take credit for others have done, or what they've done themselves. All credit is the Lord's.

LindaG said...

Ah. Yes. I thought perhaps that was it; but I wasn't sure. Thank you, Reverend. :)

Rev. Paul said...

You were right. And my response, above, should say "must not take credit".

LindaG said...

I saw that. I apologize for not correcting you. I figured that was what you meant when you said all credit is the Lord's. :)

Rev. Paul said...

No worries, Linda; it was purely my typo. I caught it only when you wrote back, so - the credit in this case goes to you. :)