17 April 2018

Topsy-Turvy

So ... to generate some additional retirement income (i.e., spending money), I've taken a part-time job. It's 3rd shift, with me working midnight to 0830 three nights per week.

This is the first week of it, and it's making my schedule chaotic. For the first two days, I couldn't sleep. Now I've just slept for 11 hours, and had breakfast at 8 pm.

Of course, thanks to Alaska's already-long days, it was light when I woke up, and I thought I'd slept around the clock.

I'll get used it, I tell myself, and things will settle down. But in the meantime, my already sporadic posting schedule is taking an immediate hit.

Sorry 'bout that.

5 comments:

LindaG said...

Not a problem. Real life is always most important. And things will work out.

We always ate Midnight Chow when we worked a mid shift while TDY to Okinawa back in the 70s. The SAC Chowhall was one of the best and we always ate breakfast then.

Be safe. That is most important, I think. God bless.

Rev. Paul said...

Thanks, Linda.

Toirdhealbheach Beucail said...

It is all good, Reverend. Do what you must and we will catch you when you are able.

Old NFO said...

Do what you gotta, we'll be around!

Rev. Paul said...

TB and NFO, thank you