16 May 2018

God's Word for Wednesday, 5/16/18

“I thought, ‘Surely she’ll honor me now,
    accept my discipline and correction,
Find a way of escape from the trouble she’s in,
    find relief from the punishment I’m bringing.’
But it didn’t faze her. Bright and early
    she was up at it again, doing the same old things.
“Well, if that’s what you want, stick around.”
    God’s Decree.
“Your day in court is coming,
    but remember I’ll be there to bring evidence.
I’ll bring all the nations to the courtroom,
    round up all the kingdoms,
And let them feel the brunt of my anger,
    my raging wrath.
My zeal is a fire
    that will purge and purify the earth.

Zephaniah 3:7-8 (MSG)

5 comments:

LindaG said...

That one had me confused until I realized He meant humanity.

Thank you, Reverend.

Rev. Paul said...

Actually, He was referring to Israel at the time. But that's a good guess. :)

deb harvey said...

hoping for purification of the governments in this country. soon.

LindaG said...

Ah. Okay. Thank you, Reverend. :)

Rev. Paul said...

deborah, I pray you're right. It's hard to see how the current issues can go much farther forward without a catastrophic response of some sort, and almost nobody wants that.

Linda, you're welcome, as always.