23 September 2018

God's Word for Sunday, 9/23/18

And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
Romans 5:3-4 KJV


There’s more to come: We continue to shout our praise even when we’re hemmed in with troubles, because we know how troubles can develop passionate patience in us, and how that patience in turn forges the tempered steel of virtue, keeping us alert for whatever God will do next. 
Romans 5:3-4 MSG

10 comments:

Toirdhealbheach Beucail said...

Always a good reminder Reverend. Thank you.

LindaG said...

I'm afraid I tend to get *im*patient when I have too many troubles; so thank you for this, Reverend.

Ed Bonderenka said...

I'd say I want more patience, and I want it now!,
but seeing how you get patience, I think I'll wait.
Patiently.

Rev. Paul said...

You're welcome, TB.

Linda, you're welcome. Most of us do the same thing.

Ed, that's a very good point. :)

Old NFO said...

Good points... sigh... We NEED to remember that.

Rev. Paul said...

Yes we do, my friend. All of us need patience.

Suz said...

I need more patience with my patients...sigh...and pray for it at least once a day. Lol. It does help, well, most days anyways.

Rev. Paul said...

Just remember that it's a process, Suz. The important thing is that you're seeking it.

deb harvey said...

thanks. undergoing some tribulations and need the hope.

Rev. Paul said...

I'm sorry to hear that, deborah. Lord, please grant deborah what she needs right now, and bolster her faith while hope builds, in Jesus' name. Amen.