28 January 2010

RKBA

As I peruse all my daily reads - blogs and articles from all over the U.S. and England regarding gun rights, gun restrictions, government gun control ... I just want to say "Thank God" for the right to keep and bear arms, and thank God for Alaska.

I sit here with a 1911 on my hip, and no one cares. I don't need a permit. I can carry openly or concealed at my own discretion. I can walk up and down the halls, stroll my neighborhood, walk into City Hall, or go shopping - all while openly carrying - and no one even gives me a second glance.

It continues to anger me that not all Americans have this freedom, and it's just WRONG. You all know it, and you're fighting against the nanny state mentality, Congress, State legislatures and officials, the SPLC, the Brady Bunch, and so on. There's reason to be encouraged; please read on, and bear with me.

The Mayflower carried those here who had been seeking religious freedom in England, and then Holland. As they sailed west toward the new world, they gave much thought to what they hoped to achieve, and the purpose for which they came together.

The result was the Mayflower Compact, and most of you will be familiar with it. It's easy to find the text, if you're not familiar.

But the short version is that they dedicated their attempt "for the glory of God". That was a "solemn ... convenant", and they further pledged to enact only such laws as would further that end. God takes those things seriously.

So as you fight to reestablish your God-given freedoms, as described in the Declaration of Independence, and protected by the Bill of Rights in the Constitution, remember that you are fighting for a form of government that was dedicated to God by our Founders.

God takes that seriously, too.

"For the LORD your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you victory." (Deuteronomy 20:4)

No comments: