10 July 2010

Long-Term Test: Crossbreed IWB Holster

I purchased the Crossbreed "Supertuck" holster in late May, and have been using it at least three days weekly, since.

The wide expanse of leather took a bit of getting used to, although I suspect it's due to my not having used an IWB holster before now.

The fit is comfortable, but requires fine-tuning; the leading corner digs into my upper thigh when seated, if I didn't position the holster correctly.

In the "ideal" location, the pistol is slightly farther back than I have been used to (with an external holster), but not so far that I can't get a good grip when drawing.

The fit is snug against my waist, as it should be. I can tell, when standing before a mirror, that there's something there, but it doesn't print through even a form-fitting shirt. Since I tend toward Hawaiian shirts when carrying, that's not a problem. In colder weather, I wear a vest, so again it's not a problem at all.

The leather seems to be holding up well, with only a few nicks showing on the edge where I've re-holstered without looking, and missed the Kydex by a bit. The Kydex itself shows no wear at all; I haven't been using it long enough for it to even show rub marks from the pistol sliding in or out.

So far, I'm pleased with the overall fit and comfort.

No comments: