13 October 2010

Wednesday Morning, Teh Suck Edition

Weather Forecast:  snow & falling temps, next week
Task:  get the snow tires mounted on the SUV before the lines get too long


6:45 a.m. - arrived at Big Blue Box Tire & Battery Center; I'm 5th in line
7:00 a.m. - Door opens promptly
7:15 a.m. - Make it to counter, pay for the service which hasn't been performed yet (*mumble, grumble*)
10:05 a.m. - My SUV finally rolls into the shop (and there are 15 vehicles behind me)
10:40 a.m. - Truck finished; as I'm leaving, counter clerk tells person #16 their car won't be done before 7 p.m.

It seems only one of their "tire technicians" bothered to show up today; everyone else called in sick.

Not that it was a total loss ... I re-read the middle third of Monster Hunter Vendetta. Still, "hanging out" at the Really Big Store is not my favorite way to spend a workday.

2 comments:

threecollie said...

Is it opening day of hunting season or something?

Lawyer said...

I only go there for the customer service!