05 January 2011

Quote of the Day: the 2nd Amendment

"I say that the Second Amendment doesn't allow for exceptions – or else it would have read that the right "to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, unless Congress chooses otherwise." And because there are no exceptions, I disagree with my fellow panelists who say the existing gun laws should be enforced. Those laws are unconstitutional [and] wrong – because they put you at a disadvantage to armed criminals, to whom the laws are no inconvenience."

~ Harry Browne (meetings with NRA's EVP, Wayne LaPierre and other panelists at a gun rights rally in Hot Springs, AR, 8/8/2000)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, one lunatic rave for me per day is my quota. Sorry, you are subjected to today’s rave…



Why would we want to rewrite a constitution that guided the greatest nation in history to please a few misguided wing nuts that don’t understand it?

I have heard it said that “To whom much is given, much is required.”. In this case, I see the much required is our personal responsibility to uphold that constitution. Note that I said “personal” responsibility…..not the responsibility of the government as it is now. We the people…..WE THE PEOPLE…have personal responsibility to see that the officials we elect represent - we the people - in a manner that will uphold our constitution, not devalue it, not change it, not rewrite it to represent what someone thinks our forefathers meant. If we are unwilling to accept personal responsibility, the much given will be much lost.

S.S.