19 February 2011

No Temperature, and Other Surprises

It's zero degrees at my place this morning. The skies are clear, but Accu-Oops and the Weatherguess Service are split on whether it will merely cloud up this afternoon, or throw snow showers at us.

It really doesn't matter. We get some sun this morning, and sunrise keeps getting earlier by about three minutes per day.

Our plans for the day generally don't include the future. Okay, they do, but nothing long-term. After a late breakfast we'll head over to The Dome for a walk, and then ... well, I told you there weren't any long-term plans. Heh.

* * * * *

On a personal note, a few of you have left encouraging remarks about my attempt to write fiction. The first two chapters of The Outside Job are posted here and here. Please feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you think.

* * * * *

A guy who worked with Sarah Palin during the 2008 campaign has been writing a book, and it's supposedly all so hush-hush.  Suddenly, the busybody who moved in next door to the Palins has leaked it to the press. Strangely enough, he's not answering questions about how he got it, or why he released it.

Sure.  Pull the other one; it's got bells on.

So today's Daily Worker (they'd want a link, here) has a couple of pages on the story, and all the sordid details they could glean or recall. Oh! did I mention that the author's co-writers include the so-called blogger who's been spearheading the anti-Palin smear campaign all along?

This is my shocked face. Really.

* * * * *

I suppose I'd better get moving. All y'all have a great day, hear?

1 comment:

Meadow said...

When you publish, I would like an autographed copy! This is very very good, Paul :)