26 March 2017

God's Word for Sunday, 3/26/17

Meanwhile, live in such a way that you are a credit to the Message of Christ. Let nothing in your conduct hang on whether I come or not. Your conduct must be the same whether I show up to see things for myself or hear of it from a distance. Stand united, singular in vision, contending for people’s trust in the Message, the good news, not flinching or dodging in the slightest before the opposition. Your courage and unity will show them what they’re up against: defeat for them, victory for you—and both because of God. There’s far more to this life than trusting in Christ. There’s also suffering for him. And the suffering is as much a gift as the trusting. You’re involved in the same kind of struggle you saw me go through, on which you are now getting an updated report in this letter.

Philippians 1:29 MSG

8 comments:

LindaG said...

Thank you, Reverend. I like these updates as much as any other. Probably more.

Hope you all have a blessed week.

Rev. Paul said...

You're welcome, Linda. I'm glad they work for you. :)

Suz said...

As I get older, I value the struggle more because when you are in the middle of the struggle, all the other "noise" in life gets drown out. I find I appreciate not necessarily the struggle itself, but the gift/reward/result at the end, BECAUSE of the struggle. Does that make sense?

Thank you for these verses. I find them pleasantly thought provoking.

Rev. Paul said...

Suz, there are two take-aways in your remarks. One is that the rewards sweeter because of the struggles. And the other is that the when we struggle, with the Lord's help, it makes us stronger. Which makes the reward even sweeter. I sense a theme, here. :)

Old NFO said...

A noble goal, and one that I try to meet daily.

Rev. Paul said...

It is as you say, and I would that more would try.

Suz said...

YES! (I hadn't had much tea yet this morning) Because until I said "Okay, Thy will, not my will" not much gets accomplished. Once I say that, it's amazing how things fall into place. :)

Rev. Paul said...

I wish more Christians would get a revelation of how that works, Suz. It's amazing to see Him change the circumstances.