17 October 2017

The Grace of God

Many have spoken or written about the grace of God. But simply put, it is God's very nature: He gives us gifts of many kinds. Things we could not earn on our own ... things to which we're not otherwise entitled. It's only because He's good, and gives good gifts to those who have sought Him. Life itself is a gift.
 
"If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?" (Matthew 7:11)
What has God given you? 

6 comments:

LindaG said...

More than I can remember, for sure.
A loving husband comes to mind. A roof over my head. Food in the freezer. The ability to help our sons when they needed it.

That is the least of what God has given me. We are blessed and I do my best to remember that every day.

Thank you, Reverend.

drjim said...

+1 on Linda.....

I've been given so much I doubt if I can ever repay it.

Rev. Paul said...

Amen, Linda. Amen.

Jim, we're not able to repay Him for what He's given us - but we have all of Eternity to work at it. :)

drjim said...

Wonderfully said!

Toirdhealbheach Beucail said...

Lately Reverend, clarity of vision - more about myself than others.

Rev. Paul said...

That's an important thing & a wonderful gift, TB. Thanks.