20 March 2018

Quotes of the Day - March 20, 2018

When we lose the right to be different, we lose the privilege to be free. 
Charles Evans Hughes

Historically, much of the motivation for public schooling has been to stifle variety and institute social control. 

Jack Hugh

When they took the 4th Amendment, I was quiet because I didn't deal drugs. 

When they took the 6th Amendment, I was quiet because I am innocent.
When they took the 2nd Amendment, I was quiet because I don't own a gun.
Now they have taken the 1st Amendment, and I can only be quiet.
 

Lyle Myhr

5 comments:

drjim said...

Like the old poem about "First They Came For...."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_they_came_...

Rev. Paul said...

Precisely, Jim.

Ed Bonderenka said...

Yep.

Toirdhealbheach Beucail said...

That last one is especially well said.

Rev. Paul said...

Ed - :)

TB - ... and very nearly fulfilled to completion.