24 June 2018

Enjoying NotWinter (sometimes called "summer")

Whilst a goodly portion of the Lower 48 roasts in triple-digit heat, we're having another cool and damp (lots of rain showers) summer. Although we've had a few days in the low 70s, most of our temps have been upper 50s to lower 60s, with lows ranging from 38 to 48 overnight.

So how do we spend time enjoying our home, and especially the deck?

Well, you start with warm clothes and/or a jacket, hoodie, or what have you. Socks are a must. And then ...

you light the space heater and Thermacell ...

provide a blanket for anyone in need, and keep the feet close to the heat.

We waited a very, very long time for a home of our own. And dang it, we're gonna enjoy that deck no matter what!


7 comments:

Toirdhealbheach Beucail said...

Heh heh. This reminds me of where I went to college (Pacific Northwest), where any time the sun was out it was time to wear shorts, no matter how cold it actually was.

Rev. Paul said...

Understood, TB. We call it a "transition" season, where any public place will see shorts/T-shirt/flip-flops, hoodies, and/or parkas.

LindaG said...

Good planning! With that view, I'd be out there, too. :)

drjim said...

We're looking towards Fall, and then our second winter here.

As much as I love the trees here, when the leaves are gone in the winter and you can see the mountains from the backyard....WoW!

Enjoy your home, Rev. You worked long and hard for it.

Rev. Paul said...

Thanks, Linda. :)

Jim, we can always see mountains - a definite plus. But there's less yardwork in the winter: just clearing the driveway with the snowthrower.

1LLoyd said...

I lived in Wisconsin on the banks of Lake Superior. It was like this three of the four summers I spent there. Not only do I understand what you are doing, I miss it. How can I get back north?

Rev. Paul said...

Hi, Loyd - welcome! Re: getting back north, I wish I could wave a magic wand & make it happen for you.