23 May 2009

Saturday, Part 2: Range Report

For those of you who remember the last time I posted about a trip to the range, you'll recall the target was pretty well covered with holes.

Today, I fired the first four shots, which are the four holes located on the lower half of the target here.

I took the magazine out & watched the muzzle as I pulled on the trigger. Aha! I was anticipating the recoil, causing the muzzle to dip just before the hammer fell.

I put the magazine back in ... concentrated on holding the pistol steady ... took my time, and squeezed slowly. The final three shots appeared above & just right of center.

The rest of the time was much more enjoyable, now that I can put the shots where I want them. Older Daughter & I had a great time!

Then we stopped at Sportsman's Warehouse on the way home & purchased two pairs of shooters' earmuffs, as my old percussion-activated earplugs were losing their effectiveness.

And sonuvagun (bad pun alert), the skies have gotten cloudy ... AccuHunch got it at least half right. No rain yet, though.

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Ah I'm nearly always high right. Then I over compensate to low left. LOL. I need more practice.

Home on the Range said...

Looks like fun. .

Rev. Paul said...

Teresa - I don't get to practice nearly as often as I should. The scarcity of ammo here has made me reluctant to shoot more frequently.

Brigid - it was fun! My daughter's hand is a bit sore from the recoil, as she has very small hands. I enjoyed finally beginning to recover the accuracy I once had. And you'd have been welcome, too!