23 September 2009

Frosty Hump Day

(Here's a reader-submitted photo from today's Daily News, on-line.)

Good morning! It's 35 degrees at the airport, and 32 at the old homestead. There's frost on the roof, but I haven't worked up the courage to look at my windshield. I suspect there may be some light scraping in my immediate future. I'd better enjoy the "light" frost now, because it will be much heavier, soon.

AccuHunch says the hillside (from 2,000 feet and up) got about an inch of snow last night. I'll get a look at it on the way to work, but it's not light yet. All I can confirm now is there's no snow at this altitude.

Update: Yup, the mountains are white, from about half-way up.

It was only 61 in the living room, and 56 in the bedroom when I got up. I had to turn on the furnace, darn it. We sleep with the bedroom window open whenever we can, down to around 20 degrees. At that point, it tends to freeze in its track due to condensation - probably exacerbated by the moisture from our exhalation.

It's time to get ready for work, so I'll wrap this up. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

DR said...

I think that is the best moose picture you have put up yet, and that is saying something.

We were 64 degrees and rainy; a very cold rain.