02 November 2009

Real-Life Alaskan Adventure

My readers ask for uniquely Alaskan stories. A friend of mine had quite an adventure over the weekend - here's an excerpt:

I quietly walked up to them, as they didn't hear me, with my rifle which I brought with me and asked loudly why they were on my land. I have never seen men jump so high. 3 men, 2 women and 3 children, one family in a converted van and the other in a older suburban. I asked again when none of them said anything, and finally the eldest said who was I to ask them. I, having my 20 gauge shotgun, cocked it and asked again, why are you on my land and in the background I could hear the ATV coming towards me.

It's as Alaskan as it gets, and will give you an idea how things are done here. Read Uppy's story. (The link is to a blog about Sarah Palin and conservative politics, but the story is apolitical; just part of Alaskan life.)

1 comment:

joated said...

I went over and read the story. I hope things work out okay for your friend and her new tenants. I'm not so sure I could have done what she did, I'm sorry to say.