30 October 2009

The End of Another Week

It has been a fairly quiet week; the only thing in which anyone has consistently expressed interest is the inevitable Halloween parties tonight and tomorrow.

A few, a very few of us wore costumes of some sort today. The coffee shop girl dressed as a flapper and played Charleston & ragtime music all day on her laptop.

A lady in the billing office dressed as a bat boy for the Reds ... or maybe some other team with predominantly red colors. I only saw her once, from a distance.

I decided to add my own meager contribution to the 'open carry' discussion that was all the rage, last week. I wore a "Sheriff" badge that I ordered from Amazon, and openly carried my 1911 and spare mag on my belt.

Not one person said a word. It hardly even drew any attention, that I could tell. I was greeted with "Howdy, Sheriff" or "Officer" because of the badge.

Hmm. I haven't worn a badge in many years; it's interesting how even a fake one produces a slightly different response from people you already know. But that's probably a topic for another day, if at all; my police department era was MANY moons ago.

On another topic, our air quality has dropped dramatically today, as the north winds blow. Glacial silt has made it look almost foggy; click the pic for embiggification.


Have a great weekend, folks. Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Home on the Range said...

We're having monsoon like rains. Barkley seems to like to go out in it, but only that when he comes in I rub him off with a soft towel. Spoiled mutt. :-)

Rev. Paul said...

Gee, I wonder who's been spoiling him? He probably goes out so that you WILL rub him down; smart pooch.

DR said...

Hope you and your family have a great weekend too.