22 January 2010

Frozen Friday

Good morning. We warmed up overnight: it's almost 14 degrees! Woohoo! We're out of the single digits! Okay, enough of that.

* * * * *
Could we PLEASE give the Scott Brown hysteria a rest? Yes, it's a fantastic thing that a moderately-conservative Republican was elected to the Senate from Massachusetts. But "Brown-Palin 2012" already? Let's wait to see how he does in the Senate first.

I mean, who would nominate a first-term Senator with little-to-no executive experience to the White House?

Oh ... wait.

* * * * *
Our Governor's remarks about the Fed being seemingly "at war with Alaska" sure stirred up a hornet's nest among the local lefties. Liberal heads are exploding all over town, and in the local paper. They'd want me to provide a link to their remarks.

* * * * *
My wife asks how we're going to top last weekend's activities, what with all the new furniture, moving/cleaning/carrying old furniture down the stairs. I don't think we're obligated to top it, are we?

* * * * *
My youngest has been setting her alarm for 6:30 in the blessed a.m., but then sleeps through it. She is home-schooled, and has no particular schedule to meet in the mornings. After having to wake her three mornings in a row, to turn the alarm off, I asked her why she needs to awaken so early.

My question caught her off-guard, but at least she's thinking about it.

* * * * *
Speaking of daughters, I provided a ride home for my oldest last night, since it was only 6 degrees. As per usual, I asked her how her shift was. She had a rough one, with malfunctioning equipment & rude customers. It was one of those everything-that-can-go-wrong-went-wrong days.

Her answer: "If we meet anyone named Murphy, I'm going to beat them to death with a stick."

Oops. Sorry I asked.

* * * * *
And lastly, this -

There's stuck ... and then there's farm stuck. For my farmer friends in Missouri & Montana.



Found at Theo's place

4 comments:

joated said...

I like the way your eldest thinks. I've had days like that on occasion and would have clubed Murphy silly if I could find the SOB.

Perhaps your youngest is thinking like Poor Richard: "Early to bed, early to rise..." and all that. Then again, if she's not waking to the alarm, how's that going to help?

Being at the Bolt Hole (southwest Adirondack Park of NY) we got down to 8 degrees last night. Not a cloud in the sky or a breeze stirring the smoke from the chimney. Beautiful, cloudless, windless day today, too, so it's likely to get chilly again tonight.

As for your weekend...Send the girls out on a sleepover with friends. Nice candlelight dinner for you and the missus. (Maybe have your daughter prepare it in advance.) A bottle of wine and well, early to bed and ....

Teresa said...

Where IS this Murphy dude... I get first shot... heh.

As for Brown - you are so right! He might be good, he might be bad, but can we PLEASE wait to see what happens once he goes to Washington! Please!

This will tell you how little I've been able to get around online... I had no idea at all about the Palin-Brown thing... Good Grief.

The Farmer said...

I've been stuck like that once. Never, Never again. Thought I'd have to leave it for a monument of stupidity.

As far as the girl sleeping through the alarm. The early you want to rise, the earlier you need to go to bed. It also helps to drink a couple of glasses of water before you go to bed. Nothing makes you get out of bed like a full bladder.

Cassie said...

Hadn't heard of Brown-Palin yet. I know the Lefties are suffering collective apoplexy since Brown won.Interested in how he does too. Time will tell. (He was buttering up the Kennedy voters right after his win.Smart dude!)