07 May 2010

Righteous Anger

Okay, I've been asked why I seem angry recently, in the writing I've posted here. Am I angry? Yes. Is there a reason? Oh, yes.

I watch the wanton, deliberate dismantling of this nation and its traditions ... I'm aware of the dumbing down of our schools over the last hundred years ... I see the deliberate refusal to teach or even acknowledge the principles on which this greatest of all nations was conceived, and birthed in liberty.

I see the willful withholding of information about our Founders, and why they behaved as they did ... I see so-called "history" books which have 20+ pages about Sacajawea, and one short paragraph about George Washington ... I had to order three different history texts for my 14 yr old daughter, before finding one which tells the truth about our history.

Children are no longer educated about nor brought up to revere our Constitution. We teach them nothing of the equal justice through which the eyes of the Law should view us, then express surprise when they demonstrate their ignorance of it.

We have lost basic respect for the generations of valiant patriots, whose tears, sweat and blood have been expended to deliver this nation to us, today. We have allowed those whose plain aim is to destroy the United States, to work toward that very end. Being good traditional conservatives, we knew they were wrong ... but hoped it would all turn out okay.

Look where that has brought us.

Can you find any portion of the Constitution which authorizes the general government to purchase corporations, denying payment to the stockholders? Is there an article or section which says that the central authority can ignore the will of the people and just do as it pleases?

We are now told that this is a secular nation, or even a Muslim nation. This is a willful denial of the plain and obvious truth of History. Those now bitterly clinging to power would have us believe that there was no Mayflower Compact; that the unalienable rights granted "by our Creator" consist of those rights which the government so graciously bequeaths us.

The latest move to allow an unelected official, a political appointee, to unilaterally decide whether a suspicion of unacceptable behavior is sufficient to deprive U.S. citizens of natural, pre-existent rights which cannot be taken away through any agency other than a court of law, and which shall not be infringed by any law or act of Congress and that government.

I know that God Himself extended His hand to that ragtag group of citizen soldiers who fought the greatest empire on Earth to free this land. George Washington (not a Deist!) said in his first inaugural address:
... No people can be bound to acknowledge and adore the invisible hand which conducts the affairs of men more than the people of the United States. Every step by which they have advanced to the character of an independent nation seems to have been distinguished by some token of Providential agency ...

So if I sound angry, you'll forgive me, please. I watch the systematic dismantling of this country, whose uniform I wore, whose flag I saluted, and I grow angry.

It feels much akin to sitting, grieving, at a loved one's deathbed as they slip away.

In my anger, I gave voice to the frustrations caused by these events, and others. I apologize for the harsh words, but not for the righteous anger through which I observe these continuing depredations upon our country. May God grant us the wisdom and strength to do that which is needful, whatever it may be, to restore and maintain the Constitutional republic which I firmly believe He Himself gave us.

Update: In the comments below, one gentleman included a link back to his site, wherein he proposes to ostracize and/or otherwise refuse to do business with anyone who fails to support the U.S. and the original intent of the Constitution. That's one very good way to proceed.

5 comments:

DR said...

Words fail me, so may I just say amen; and of course I will be linking to this post.

Francis W. Porretto said...

Bravo and well said...but what are you willing to do about it?

Rev. Paul said...

DR: thank you, my friend.

FWP: Thank you, also; I have read your post, and agree that it's a very good start - and if that concept catches on with many, it may actually get the attention of its intended target.

Lynda said...

So well said...what a great post

Rev. Paul said...

well said my friend it brought tears to my eyes

Dana