12 September 2010

The American Dream: LIBERTY

In one of the best modern definitions of "liberty" I've seen recently, my friend DR over at The Maritime Sentry wrote this:
The American dream is to live free, to have the ability to succeed or fail, practice our own beliefs, and raise our children in peace without an intrusive government undermining parental authority. I am suspect of all these people who keep claiming the American dream is about material possessions or financial success. I would rather live my life poor and free than rich and oppressed.
If you haven't checked out his blog, you should. DR & his wife, SR, are passionate defenders of liberty & America. Go. Read.

You'll be glad you did.

1 comment:

DR said...

I have grown to respect your opinion and friendship so what you said means a lot. Thank you very much.