22 October 2010

From Somewhere in the Ozark Mountains ...

I'm at my parents' house in southwest Missouri. It's warm here. Too warm. The forecast says it will be 73 today; I think the warmest temp we saw in July in Anchorage was 57 or 58. It's 36 there, right now. 62 here. My brain tells me that's a nice mild temperature; my body says it's too warm.

The trees here are still mostly green (!), although some have turned a dark red or purple. I haven't seen much in the way of golds here, although the tree outside the window of my dad's office appears to be getting some yellow around the edges. I guess I'm just ahead of their curve, as the trees in Anchorage have been bare for about three weeks now. It's nice to see colors other than bare tree trunks and dead grass.

On the bright side (so to speak), the forecast when I left there on Wednesday said we'll have snow by next Tuesday.

White's a color, too, you know.  Just sayin'.

1 comment:

DR said...

Enjoy your time with your Dad and your family. Breathe deep that Southern air and know God is with you and so are we, my friend.