14 March 2011

Pain in the ... Back

Ungood.

Way back in 1974 (when dinosaurs roamed the earth, according to my kids) I managed to achieve compression fractures of three lumbar vertebrae. Every once in awhile, that portion of my spine goes on strike; not often, but very painful and annoying when it does.

Yesterday morning, for no particular reason, it struck again. I couldn't walk upright most of the day. Sitting with my knees up helps, thereby stretching that portion of anatomy, but the only way I can stand completely erect is by first leaning on something and pushing up, supporting the weight of my upper body.

I need to find a different hobby, 'cause this one is getting really old. The only good news is that after about 24 hours of hobbling around like a little old man, it will start to feel better.

4 comments:

threecollie said...

I hope the two hours goes by real fast. That is a miserable thing to deal with...my dad has the same problem it really gives him a lot of trouble. Take care!

PolyKahr said...

I will be praying for you as well.

joated said...

Ouch! Been there. Done that. Feel your pain.

Rev. Paul said...

Thank you all. One of my tenants is a spinal clinic; I may have to go visit them today.