19 May 2009

FEC Dismisses Complaint About Palin's Wardrobe

The Federal Election Commission has dismissed a complaint that the Republican National Committee and Gov. Sarah Palin broke election law when the RNC bought all those clothes for Palin and her family during last year's presidential campaign.

The FEC found the clothing purchases were "coordinated party expenditures" the RNC is allowed to make to benefit the campaign.

The complaint was filed by the Washington, D.C., group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington. CREW argued the clothing expenditures (which it figured at $144,731) violated the ban on personal use of campaign funds, but the FEC disagreed.

Read the rest here.

5 comments:

upinak said...

It was going to happen. I wonder how the liberal bloggers will spin this.

Rev. Paul said...

On the one hand, the liberals will spin themselves dizzy, trying to smear the FEC.

On the other hand, I don't really care. But it will be fun watching the libs corkscrew themselves into the ground!

Mo said...

I bet her clothes cost a lot less than those pillars at the DNC.

LUCKY said...

I remember thinking as the election dragged on in 2008 thinking to myself, Really, my choices are between this Obama guy and McCain. Then McCain announced who he would pick as his VP. When I first saw Sarah Palin my gut, (which I trust alot) told me that this was a good person and I liked her. When the media attacked her like vultures going after a baby deer I wasn't suprised but it let me know that she must be a really wonderful women for them to attack her like that. I think its funny that groups like CREW will go after a wonderful lady like Sarah but ignore groups like ACORN who have more than 10 states indicting their employees for federal crimes they commited.

Rev. Paul said...

Yeah, funny how that works, ain't it?