16 May 2009

Saturday Morning, 5/16

Good morning!

It's sunny but hazy, a delightful 46 degrees with a light breeze - just about perfect!

I went out at 9:00-ish to have the oil changed in my truck, and there weren't many folks about. Got right in & it only took 20 minutes. Not bad at all!

The high overcast is now being "marred" by some smaller, dark clouds which are scooting in under the others. Since it rained most of the day yesterday, and AccuHunch is predicting sun & 60 today, it could rain again. Probably won't, though.

We're going to spend some time out & about, later today, taking advantage of the nice weather. The last few summers have been cold and wet, not to mention dreary (but I mention it anyway) that we can't abide not taking advantage of it.

My wife was given a coupon for two free meals at TGI Fridays, so we'll probably stop there for supper tonight. There are some advantages to living in the city.

I've mentioned it before, but we're originally from rural Missouri. Our nearest neighbors had spots and spoke Cow. It's harder, here, to live "just out of town" because Anchorage is so big ... 1,955 square miles, to be exact.

After many, many years of driving 25+ miles to work, via interstate highways, we both appreciate living only a few miles from work. My "commute" is now only 6 1/2 miles, and my wife's is about 8. It's a nice change of pace.

Having said that, we'd like to live farther from the hustle and bustle - getting back to our roots - but haven't been able to find anything suitable. We're looking, though.

I miss waking up to nothing more than the sound of wind in the trees, or the occasional cry of an eagle. Too much traffic sound, here.

Now, I need to take my wife's car for an oil change, too. I hope you're having a great day - thanks for stopping by.

No comments: