06 June 2009

Saturday: New Alternator & Other Stuff

I got the alternator belt on, reassembled the remaining pieces, & had the truck running in five minutes' time this morning. This, only driving to Sears, where I purchased the Serpentine Belt Tool which is specifically designed for the problem I encountered at mid-week, and should have had in the first place (d'oh!).

It's astounding how quickly a problem evaporates once you have the proper tool for the job, like most things in life. At any rate, my thanks go out to my older daughter for helping me with the project, and to Uppy, who provided moral support & much encouragement!

* * * * *

The two moose calves about which I wrote yesterday are being housed temporarily at the Alaska Zoo here in Anchorage ... while their fate is being decided. Apparently it's standard procedure to kill orphaned calves, to keep them from either starving to death or being eaten alive by bears. This time, however, it seems Governor Palin got involved and issued a 'stay of execution'.

* * * * *

It's 46 and cloudy this morning. AccuHunch Weather issued a guess that we'd have sun & 66 today. It could still happen, but right now it looks more like it could rain.

I've spent the last two days agitating because of the unfinished repairs on the truck, and now I'm going to go put my feet up & relax for the rest of the day. Tomorrow? Well, now ... that's another story.

No comments: