18 June 2009

Whale Sightings Drastically Increasing Here

According to a story in the Redoubt Reporter, "The word on the saltwater among sportfishermen off the lower peninsula has been whales, whales and more whales this spring."
- - - - -
snip
- - - - -
"As of Friday, Walt Barton, owner of Kenai Alaska Fish On, said he had seen whales on every saltwater trip he’s done this year, other than his first two trips he took in early May.

“They’ve been very, very consistent. Since the 15th of May I’ve seen them every day I’ve been out and that’s not normal,” he said. “I’ve been doing this for 30 years and I’ve never seen it like this. There’s some kind of a phenomena out there and I couldn’t tell you what.”

RTWT.

4 comments:

upinak said...

I have to admit it. I saw over 20 when I went out a few weeks ago.

So cool!

gregor said...

Did you take that shot of the moose family? That so rocks!
thanks!

Rev. Paul said...

Hi, Gregor - I'm glad I could help brighten your day a bit.

That shot was made by a friend, last summer. I never seem to have my camera with me when the best shots happen!

LUCKY said...

The only whale I have ever seen sadly enough was at Sea World. Yet another reason to move to Alaska.