04 July 2009

Independence Day

Happy Birthday, U.S.A.!

This union of 50 states, and comprised of somewhat over 300 million individuals, has meant so much to so many, for so long ... my heart aches to see where we're headed. And the current destination seems obvious, for we've watched most of Europe go this way in previous decades. They, of course, have discovered that it doesn't work, and are turning back toward free capitalism, in varying degrees.

For the first time in my lifetime of over a half-century, I am uncertain about the future of this country - and what that future might be.

Nevertheless, I have always been, and shall always be, grateful for the huge sacrifices made by the founders, and all who have since fought for this nation.

And make no mistake: this Union is worth fighting for (preserving).

If it fails, those States which are strong will survive. Only the bloated federal government - one which far exceeds its 19 or 20 enumerated Constitutional powers - will have fallen. Frankly, given its current condition, I'm not sure that would be any great loss.

Happy 233rd birthday, United States of America! And to all my friends and readers, be safe - be happy - be blessed - and never forget what we celebrate on the fourth day of July, each year.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

3 comments:

GUYK said...

Yeah, I figure about the same...and I am considering a move to one of those states that I think has a chance of making it without the feds...Texas

Cassie said...

Happy 4th Rev! Patrick & I just read this together & we are in agreement with you too. God bless America.

deedee said...

Excellently written - I agree too :)