02 August 2009

Sunday Morning

Good morning! (or afternoon, to Eastern timezone readers). It was 44 degrees when I got up this morning. We had to close down the windows a bit, and I put on a long-sleeved shirt for a change. It's supposed to reach 65 today, and the sun has been up for awhile, so we'll probably get there.

I also notice that the deciduous leaves are increasingly yellow over the last couple of days. It appears we're in for an early fall. Rats!

I'm still smarting a bit from my poor showing at the range, yesterday. The never-gonna-get-old voice in the back of my mind tells me I should still be capable of tack-driving accuracy, as before. I keep reminding myself that I never used a scope before, and for some reason that 100-yard target seemed a lot farther away than it used to. Are yards still only 3 feet long?

Couldn't be my aging eyes; that's not possible, is it? Never! (Humor me, folks! I'd like to stay in a light-hearted mood this morning. ;^)

We've put on some more coffee, and it sounds like my wife is working on breakfast, so I'll go see what I can do to help. That may involve staying out of her way, but I won't know 'til I ask.

Have a GREAT Sunday. Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

If I say it's your eyes, does that mean I can pretend the leaves aren't yellowing yet?

Kidding aside, that sounded pretty darn good for offhand. :)

Rev. Paul said...

Jenny, I'd never deny your right to believe the leaves are green.

I realize that the grouping is a heart-sized area, but it's not what I was aiming at.

I did just realize something, though; if you look at the photo, I had the rifle in a twist - rotated to the left. That explains the low-to-the-right grouping. I need more practice.