27 September 2009

Randomosity

Okay, so it's not a word. I bet you knew what I meant, anyway.

I spent most of yesterday afternoon trying to convince the VHS-to-DVD software that a 1 hour, 35 minute tape would fit on a two-hour DVD. It keeps insisting otherwise. Today, I'll put my old Navy footage, which was originally shot on Super 8 home movie film, then transferred to video-tape, on a DVD just because it's only about 25 minutes long, and will be easy. After
yesterday's wrangling, an easy project is just the ticket.

This morning, I went back to the store where I found ammo for my rifle, a week ago. They not only still had some, but the amounts have increased. They still don't have everything; I haven't seen any .45 ACP since February. Fortunately, I bought so much then, that I still have a lot left.

So I bought as much rifle ammo as I could afford, and will go back again weekly as long as they carry it. Gotta be ready for the zombie apocalypse, 'cause ya never know!

My daughter's cupcake-and-cake ball cooking class went well. She brought home lots of samples (nummy!), so I'm including a couple of pictures.

Finally, we snapped a picture of the snow on the mountains, yesterday, for inclusion here. It's a bit overexposed because of the sunlight on the snow, but what the hey. Enjoy!

2 comments:

The Farmer said...

Dang, those goodies look fit enough to eat.

.45 ammo is now showing up pretty regular. $21.00 a box for the cheap stuff. I've got to start reloading.

You'll have to post some of that navy footage.

deedee said...

one of the best things in life is having a daughter in cooking class :)