20 September 2009

Range Report: Win!

I was spectacularly unmotivated to begin moving this morning, and was cheerfully contemplating another cup of coffee. However, thoughts of finishing what I had begun, yesterday, kept me from imbibing enough caffeine to make my hands shake.

So I threw on an old sweatshirt & jeans and trundled down the road. The range was busy, like usual, but I was the second one there, so I set up at the same bench I used yesterday. Consistency ... it's a good thing.

I used a target that already had a bunch of missed shots on it, but they were all in the upper right quadrant. I thought, "Why not? Three quarters of the target isn't even used! It's almost like new." Must be that Scots-Irish heredity ... waste not, want not. Or, as my New England forebears said, "Use it up; wear it out. Make it do, or do without."

On my visit yesterday, I splurged & took out an annual membership - it's nice just to sign in & keep on going. Today I rented a shooting rest from the range office, hoping that it would allow quicker transitions from shooting to adjusting point-of-aim and back again.

On the picture here, you can see where I walked the shots from left to center, and up to above-center on the top target. The bottom target has just one shot, where I was checking to make sure that my two previous rounds were actually going where it appeared (see the two holes at 1 1/2" directly above the bulls-eye.

Success!

3 comments:

joated said...

Looks like you're ready.

DR said...

Nothing like a calming day at the range. Though, I definitely would have had the other cup of coffee.

Rev. Paul said...

I had more coffee later, when I got back home.

No such thing as too much coffee.