19 September 2009

Saturday morning

Getting ready for a trip to the Wet Bunny range. (Blame the name on Tam - she got me started with her posts about the Iggle Crick shooting range.)

The pistol range is okay ... "range officer" is the first shooter to show up, and it's self-policed. Works well. The rifle range rules bother a lot of folks, judging by the comments I've seen on-line. A range employee pokes his head out of the office, Punxsutawney Phil style, and bellows through a PA system.

Since I'm putting the finishing touches on the sighting-in of my rifle, I hope they're not busy. It's annoying to be in the midst of spinning dials on the scope, only to have Phil declare a cold range.

Okay, okay, so I'm impatient. I miss the farm where I used to hunt, and the freedom to just set up in an empty field & do my practice there. But until I meet someone with enough land to allow that here, Wet Bunny will have to do.

More later.

2 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

Rabbit Creek Rifle Range = Rabbit Creek = Wet Bunny. It makes sense to me.

So I have a warped sense of humor ... what? You didn't already know that?

King of New York Hacks said...

Wet Bunny ? I drove her home from the stripper club last night ! LOL