06 September 2009

Sunday in Anchorage

No practice yesterday; the range was closed. At least it was at the time I checked on it, and I didn't hear any small arms fire during the day. There's always next weekend.

The sun is shining again today, although the air is cool. It was 49 this morning, and is only up to 54 degrees at a quarter 'til noon. The "heat" of the day, such as it is, comes much later in the day here than in points farther south. AccuHunch predicts 64; if the sun stays out, we'll get there.

There's not much else going on. My wife is looking once more through the sales flyers from the morning paper. Daughters are moving slowly, and I'm sitting at the computer - although that's not much different from any other day.

Time to go outside & get some sun. It won't be many weeks before that will be hard to come by.

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Wow, it was 49degrees here this morning too. I LOVE this weather. Of course, it is still baking hot in Phoenix and Pat has to return next Sunday. Counting the days til he is here full time. Hope you have a great week.

joated said...

Being just a little further south than you guys (including Cassie here) we're a few degrees warmer...53 was this morning's low, 74 the high for the day...at 4 PM.

Ditto on the sunshine stuff. Need all the Vitamin D I can get before I start to hibernate after the New Year.