26 February 2010

Another Crisis Averted


"Emergency. There's an emergency going on."









... so my cell phone rings. Younger daughter says, "Dad, we may have a problem."

There's a sound. In the wall. ZOMG!!1!ONE!!

She thinks it's water spraying against the plastic. I explain that water really can't be hitting the tub surround, because there's drywall behind it. Or more accurately, if water IS hitting the back of the surround, we have an even bigger problem.

So older daughter gets on the line & explains that it's really more of a rattle than a spray. While I'm listening to all this, I've looked up the maintenance man's phone number ... then she says, "Oh. Never mind." I hear laughter and groaning.

It seems younger daughter has left a battery-powered face-scrubber exfoliator running, in the shower. For two. solid. hours. And they waited two. solid. hours to call me about it.

I love being a dad. But I'm glad it wasn't water.

6 comments:

Larry Sheldon said...

"battery-powered face-scrubber"

Really?

Teresa said...

ROFLMAO! Two hours... I love it. But I'm glad for you that it wasn't water! HOLY CATS!

Rev. Paul said...

Yes, Larry. It's an exfoliater that we gave her for Christmas.

Cassie said...

Ahahahha. That is too funny. Aren't daughters a blast and a half?! I miss our baby (29yrs old) girl and some of the silliness that came with her. Thanks for sharing your girl's exploits with us. Have a good weekend!

Larry Sheldon said...

I thought my electric toothbrush was bad.

Larry Sheldon said...

Reminds me of the old days of vibrating pagers--would forget to turn it off and be awakens in the middle of the night with it walking along the headboard sounding like a bass drum.

I can explain the concept of "pager" if needed.