05 February 2010

TGIF, At Last

It's 8 degrees, snowing steadily, and the morning-after report on my oral surgery is nothing that the pain pills can't handle. By tonight, I won't need anything stronger than a few ibuprofen.

Update: AccuHunch says we should get 8" of snow by tomorrow morning. Now that's starting to be a real snow. Less than that is just a dusting.

* * * * *
I'm going to the range tomorrow, come snow or shine (and right now, it sounds like snow). Doesn't matter; I need to make holes in something besides my jaw. Rabbit Creek Rifle Range at 10-ish. Any local readers care to join me?

Even if the stronger pills are needed for pain, I won't take any until after shooting. Prescription or no prescription, I wouldn't shoot while under the influence of a narcotic.

* * * * *
There was a summit meeting of local business owners & a few State legislators yesterday. The discussion was about lowering taxes - and by how much - to stimulate business both in Anchorage, and state-wide. An emphasis was made on oil taxes, which seem to be discouraging new exploration, although a few claim to be unconvinced.

Sanity returns, at last. Hey D.C. - are you listening?

* * * * *
Tourist advisory: There's an unexpected surge in new commercial flights to Alaska this summer, which industry officials speculate may trigger a price war. That's VERY good news, all around.

If you decide this is the year to see God's Country, let me know - I'd be happy to provide info about where to go/what to do.

4 comments:

deedee said...

I always thought Arizona was God's country ;)

Rev. Paul said...

Okay, God's NORTH Country, then!

Teresa said...

Going to the range is always good for what ails ya... LOL.

I shall take your tourist advisory into account. You never know I might make it there yet!

Meadow said...

We didn't even get a dusting, what we had (1/4th inch) was more like a spit!

Don't know what the price of gas is in Anchorage, but it is going down in the valley... from $3.27 to a nifty $3.21 today. About time!

Have a great time at the range, Rev. Paul :)