10 March 2010

Almost Spring: Only 5 Below

It was -5 when I awoke. The temp has risen to -2 at 6:25, so woohoo! it's party time. Or not. The weather gnomes are guessing we'll reach 13 degrees today, which means it will either not get out of the single digits, or will hit 20. Whatever. It has also been snowing lightly but steadily all morning. ("Too cold to snow"? Feh!)

Hans Gatt is now leading the Iditarod, and was first into the checkpoint at Ophir this morning. Current standings can be found here. My friend Joated has been blogging the stories behind the race - please visit him at Compass Points for the human interest bit.

Posting may be light over the next several days; I have a severe case of cabin fever, or perhaps it's just the blahs. Either way, I'll write if something moves me. As MoBro points out, this blog is not supposed to be an obligation ... and for right now, my heart's not in it. Sorry.

Have a great week, folks.

2 comments:

joated said...

MINUS 5??? Well, you said the weather had to get back to normal. Winter arrived a little late, that's all.

Thanks for the link. I'll be posting the stories of the other women in The Race as the day goes on. I find it fascinating that they all have had an almost relegious experience in hearing the call of Alaska and sled dog racing.

"...this blog is not supposed to be an obligation...." No, it's not. yet it seems to be strangly addictive.

Jenny said...

Nice... Spring is coming on. The last couple weeks I've woken up thinking "ohmiGodI'mlateforWORK!!!...oh. wait. right... it's supposed to be that bright this early now." :)