30 March 2010

Speaking of Timing ... 2nd Blogiversary

Yesterday was the two-year anniversary of starting this blog.

Last year, I missed it by nearly a week. Perhaps, assuming there is a third anniversary, I'll actually mention it on the day it occurs. Or not. It's not like there's a party or anything.


I have learned a few things along the way:

a. when contacted by another blogger who has millions of hits, don't go all fan-boy on them;

b. don't be afraid to expand, experiment, and talk about lots of things. I started this little corner of teh int@rw3bz to tell my friends about Alaska. I still do, but can't help ranting about stupidity in government (that's redundant), especially at the General Gov't level.

and finally,
c. don't get all hung up on the hit counter. If you start chasing hits, you'll forget why you started the silly thing in the first place.

6 comments:

threecollie said...

Congrats on two years...hope there is a third anniversary. I always forget mine too. lol

Jenny said...

happpy birthday!

Teresa said...

Happy Blogoversary! And may many years of happy blogging be headed your way!

I never remember mine... it's sometime in January and I think it was 5 or 6 years this year... oh well. ;-)

The Farmer said...

There's a hit counter? Who knew?
Keep pounding away. WE enjoy every bit of it.

DR said...

Congratulations on two years of impressive blogging; bringing conservative views from Alaska to the world. I hope you have many more years ahead of you.f

Cassie said...

Happy Blogiversary Rev!! I am so glad I somehow stumbled upon you. And of course you know yours is my favorite Moose In The Yard blog of all!! Keep on truckin'!!!

(Quite frankly, I don't know how those with a gazillion hits ever keep up with all their fans.)