04 April 2010

Easter Sunday at the ol' Homestead

Happy Resurrection Day, to my Christian readers. If you're not one of them, I'm glad you're here anyway.

It was grey & gloomy when the sun came up, but said star is shining brightly now. Well, in between cloudy spells, it is. It's 36, and there are large areas of bare ground showing where the snow was still a foot deep, just a few days ago. Nothing has greened up yet, but it's very early in the spring - we may not have any significant greenery showing up for another month.

I processed our taxes, and we're getting a refund this year. Small, but still the first year we haven't owed additional dollars in about six years. Happy happy! It has to do with my wife changing jobs last year - she was woefully under-employed until March. I'm also having a bit more withheld from my check, and lo! the refund appeareth, and it is good.

Lunch today will be ham, carrots, mashed potatoes, and cheesecake with a triple-berry glaze that my wife cooked up last night. Yum.

The sun is shining again, so I'm going to leave the PC to its own devices (that's a pun, right there) and go play. Have a great day!

3 comments:

joated said...

Refunds are nice, but I always feel cheated in that I made an intrest free loan to the gevernment.

With gas leasing payments this year, we're owing a sizable chunk of change. I'm waiting another week or so to mail in our forms--and check.

Teresa said...

Hope you had a lovely Easter. I left my PC and Mac to their own devices myself. Just doing a run through before heading to bed. Staying off the computer is the best way to spend the weekend sometimes. LOL.

Cassie said...

I feel like a real clod not having gotten over here to wish you a Happy Resurrection Day (on your blog). Sounds like it was peaceful and easy as it should have been! I finished our taxes too and we too should get a little$$. With interest rates what they are, I could care less if we're giving Uncle Sam some money to hold for us. I detest having to pay.