05 April 2010

Remember That Episode of ST:TNG

where the Enterprise was caught in a temporal loop, and they experienced the same day over & over? Today felt like that; like every other Monday for the last several months. In fact, I think it was.

(Sunday afternoon, on the other hand, had at least a little bit going for it: I sat down with the appropriate CD software, a veritable stack - a stack, I say - of W-2s, and dove headlong into preparations for this go-round of the Great Leaching 2010. I was very nearly successful, but one W-2, or 1099, or whatever it was that Older Daughter received for her 3-week stint running a coffee shop last year has apparently evaporated. I went there today & asked the shop owner for another copy; in the meantime, our return is safely in the clutches of the U.S. Memorial Snail Mail Service bound for parts unknown or Fresno, whichever comes first.)

So today dawned cloudy and grey, and work commenced early as work is wont to do. It came, it went, I finished, and came home. I took older daughter to work, had dinner with wife & younger girl. We watched Top Gear, Glenn Beck, and Red Green.

Man.

This is the. worst. case. of. cabin. fever. EVER.

2 comments:

joated said...

"This is the. worst. case. of. cabin. fever. EVER."

I feel your pain (or ennui, as the case may be)! Thank goodness an early spring arrived here shortly after the end of the Iditarod.

Teresa said...

But... but... At least there is Top Gear! Just think of a world with no Top Gear. heh.