27 May 2010

Long Term Test: Crossbreed Holsters

I just received the SuperTuck IWB holster I ordered from Crossbreed Holsters. My intent is to wear it on a daily basis, testing for fit, comfort, its stay-in-place factor, durability, and anything else that comes up.


I ordered it online through their website on April 30; they said it would take 3 to 4 weeks to arrive. 27 days is within that window (barely), but they did say they have a lot of orders, these days.







It's handmade from a combination of cowhide and kydex; the manufacturer's advice is to condition the leather backing every four or five weeks. The kydex should be wiped with a damp cloth "periodically", like any other kydex holster.


My pistol is a full-size 1911. I'll see how well it works, and let you know.


The holster is guaranteed for as long as the original purchaser owns it. Their literature goes on to say, "Send it in and we'll adjust it to your liking for free, it's part of the warranty." Nice.

Mine isn't one of the "gunny blogs". This is just my personal opinion about a product that appealed to me. And yes, I paid for it. TANSTAAFL.

Oops alert:
Jenny pointed out in comments that this image was reversed (my reflection in the mirror, which I neglected to think about while in a hurry to get this post up).

I have now flipped it. Thanks, Jenny.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

"then why are you smiling?"

"because I know something you don't know.."

"... and what it is that?"


So um... which picture is backwards? :)

Rev. Paul said...

OOPS. Last pic was taken in the mirror.