23 May 2010

We're Just Here for the Pie

After lunch, my wife said she wanted to go for a drive, to get out & enjoy the sunshine. I suggested that she should drive, and I'd take pictures. That was agreeable, so we headed south.

We wound up traveling close to 90 miles, to Summit Lake Lodge. They have great pie, and reputedly the best pancakes anywhere. I can't speak to the pancakes, as we'd already had lunch ... but the caramel apple pie a la mode was quite good.

Pictures? Yes, I took nearly 400 photos (new camera, and all that). After a quick review of those, I deleted nearly 100 ... duplicates, blurry, skewed, or otherwise unusable.

I thought I'd publish a few of the better shots, but still came up with 22. I will publish those a bit later, but here's where we ate:

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Very nice place! Gotta love the backdrop - stunning. :-)