04 June 2010

I Should Have Known

that because AccuHunch said it, it wouldn't happen. They forecast a rainy day, probably because they had to drive through sprinkles on their way to the office. Inevitably, though, the sun has been shining since shortly after I got to work. And these yahoos are the same ones who think we should believe their cries of gloom and/or doom (depending on the particular government grant cycle) when they tell us about 50 or 100 years from now.

Sheesh. Their forecast didn't even survive the breakfast hour.

* * * * *

The State of Alaska today filed suit over the listing of Cook Inlet beluga whales as "endangered", according to an AP report on today's Anchorage Daily News website.
The lawsuit, filed in Washington, D.C., claims the federal government overreached and did not follow its own laws two years ago when it placed the white whales on the endangered species list.
No one is especially surprised by that, are they? Really?

* * * * *

Well, it seems the weekend looms fair, or rainy, or mostly cloudy with "sun breaks"*, depending on the source. I'll go with no expectations of any particular type of weather, other than seasonably warm. Chances are, I'll be more accurate than any of the experts.

It is to laugh.


* Is it even possible to have a euphemism more lame than "sun breaks"? Hint: no.

4 comments:

Teresa said...

I've stopped listening to the weather. I just look out the window, check the thermometer and go from there. It's wrong so often I just can't make myself waste the time... except in as much as it makes wonderful blogfodder... LOL. I'm just too too lazy to take advantage of it.

DR said...

It rained all day here and it's getting cold; just in time for the airshow:(

joated said...

Use a six-sided die: 1=Sunny, 2=Mostly sunny, 3=Mostly cloudy, 4=Cloudy, 5=Scattered Precipitation, 6=LOOK OUT!

Gotta be as accurate.

Rev. Paul said...

I was thinking of a dart board, but your way is just as close.