30 June 2010

Northview Diary: Taking on the US Census

Northview Diary: Taking on the US Census

Excerpt:

That is our money they are wasting with such incompetence and it is our country that will base aid and election districts upon what is obviously going to be pretty questionable data. And do you suppose maybe areas like this are being deliberately messed up? I mean this ain't exactly urban inner city or anything. If they make it hard for us plain old folks to get counted maybe it will be hard(er) for us to get representation too.

Whatever is up, we are certainly being cheated, in terms of bang for our census buck, right along with the harassment of repeated visits and calls.

If what I have heard from the census takers themselves is true, this stuff is widespread if not universal.
Where is the outrage?

4 comments:

Eric J. Burton said...

I had a bad experience with the Census; we finally just stopped answering the phone. First we had a woman come to the door, we were eating and told her we were busy, then this buffoon kept calling our number and asking when she could come over to interview us during the week. I told the woman point blank we were busy this week and wouldn’t be available for interview. This was the truth. Finally, on Friday (two weeks ago) my dad was over from up north and she calls again, I really need to clean this census up before next week. I told the lady, “I have told you numerous times that I am busy this week and will not be available, I also have my dad over right now and I will be leaving in a few minutes.” I hung up the phone and next think you know another clown starts calling my wife. The non-stop phone calls from both of these clowns and they were really annoying.

I filled out the Census survey and mailed it in. I participated in a phone survey that was very long and annoying, I told the woman what else do you think you’re going to find out from me?

SR said...

The Census is nothing more than a joke now. They have caught so many workers falsifying data how are we to ever take it serious? They called my house non stop for three weeks before I finally answered. They wanted to make sure my children were mine and not step children and also asked if my wife or I had been in a mental institution or jail in the last year, which we have not. Everything the government runs is a complete failure. I think maybe it is time the states rid themselves of the troublesome burden DC has become.

Eric J. Burton said...

I agree we have a government run by tyrants and they have screwed up every thing that they have touched...

DR said...

I just noticed that the comments I left today say SR. Sorry, I forgot that she was logged in to post. Obviously, she does not have a wife;-)