04 November 2010

A Close Call? Perhaps

My friend Jenny had a close encounter with a possible bad guy. Excerpt:

So.... it was about the time I noticed the nice sweet young man I'd agreed to give a lift to had changed his story once that I got nervous. By the time I noticed one hand wasn't leaving a pocket, I was really nervous. 
By the time I noticed the other hand was wearing a latex glove, little phrases like "secondary crime scene" were floating through my head. By this time, I had palmed a loosely sheathed knife. I know he noticed it, because he commented on it... even said he understood, he'd be scared too, some stranger in the car. I dropped him off at "his" truck, and will likely never see him again.

I'm very glad she had the opportunity to live and learn. Go read the whole thing, and consider what you might have done.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Thanks Reverend.

What I should have done - assuming I didn't want to just brush off another person potentially in need - was to just offer to call him a cab and not take him anywhere myownself.

*sigh* all's well that ends well though.

Cassie said...

Whoa! That is absolutely scary!! Now I'm gonna go read the whole story.