29 January 2011

Miscellany

It's 23 degrees this morning, which is our normal high temperature. This unseasonable warm front is accompanied by a distinct lack of snow. Hrmph. I understand many in the States have a lot of the white stuff now, and probably wish it were here instead.

So do we.

* * * * *

The local perception of the SOTU/campaign speech, from the other night?

Click to enlarge
* * * * *

The local news has been put in slow motion, lately. The Anchorage paper has been carrying the same half-dozen stories for a week.

I've also noticed that all the local media outlets tend not to run any stories - at all - that we haven't already seen, on-line, anywhere from 24 to 72 hours earlier.  If it weren't for the comedic bits where the weather prognosticators guess at a forecast, there'd be no reason to even look.

Come to think of it ... that's not a bad idea, anyway.

* * * * *

I'm going to hit a couple of stores, this morning, as I need some batteries and a couple of other things. It also occurs to me that I haven't been to the range in awhile. Dry-firing is all well & good, but I need to send some projectiles downrange.

Have a great weekend.

3 comments:

SR said...

At some point can we just say intentional? Oops, did I say that out loud?

Steven M Nielson said...

Great cartoon, Rev! I actually didn't watch the SOTU speech. Honestly, I haven't read much news or been plugged in at all. My Democrat wife watched it and loved it, of course... but today, getting back on the horse, I'm glad that I started with that cartoon... it really set the tone for what I am sure is going to be highly energized discussion about, well, anything political... kind of feels good to be back! Thanks for the words of encouragement in December and yesterday.

joated said...

"...but I need to send some projectiles downrange."

See! See!? Lack of snow and warmer than usual temperatures are good for something!